- Salary Offer 5500
- Currency GBP
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- City Name London
- Postal Code EW1V
- State London
- Country England
Library Assistant jobs in London
We are offering some Library Assistant jobs in London for the fresh graduates and teen school college university students jobs in London.
Working as part of a team, you will deliver excellent customer service to library customers, ensuring all information services and resources are available and promoted to members of the public.
The successful candidate will be a friendly and confident person who is happy to work in a customer facing role. You will be competent using computer packages for searching for information. You will be organised and confident in assisting customers to make the most of the services that libraries offer. You will be flexible to assist with library activities and events as required.
Please ensure you are able to work the hours on the rota below before applying.
For an informal discussion about the post and timetable details, please contact Sue Donaghy on 0300 123 4049
Closing date: Sunday 31st October 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 9th November 2021
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Please note that due to Covid-19 we are currently holding interviews via Microsoft Teams. It is your responsibility to ensure you will have access to a reliable device that includes camera and microphone so that you can take part in the Microsoft Teams interview process.
Please ensure you are able to work the hours on the attached rota before applying
How to Apply: Please follow the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the bottom of the screen.
As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and answer the questions (provided below) which will be your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match with what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline.
In no more than 500 words (per question) please answer the following Key Questions to support your application:
- Customer Service: What skills and experience do you have that would enable you to carry out a variety of routine tasks whilst delivering a high standard of customer service?
- Commercial Awareness: Tell us how you have promoted a product or service and contributed to targets for income and key performance indicators.
- Organisation: Tell us how you have organised and prioritised tasks and been methodical both individually and as part of the team, and how you have used initiative and problem-solving skills to resolve issues.
- IT Skills:Tell us about your use of Microsoft Office, the Internet, social media and devices such as tablets, laptops and PCs, and how you have helped others use technology.
- Teamwork: Please tell us how you have been a reliable, flexible and supportive team worker and how you have work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve aims and objectives.
PLEASE NOTE: Before proceeding with your application please have answers to the above questions ready. All questions marked with a (red) * are mandatory question and must be answered – you will not be able to submit your application until all mandatory questions have been answered.
Hertfordshire County Council have awarded the contract to deliver the Library Service to Libraries for Life, an independent organisation with charitable status. The proposed date for transition to Libraries for Life is still to be confirmed. At the point of transition all Hertfordshire County Council Libraries employees will be transferred to Libraries for Life under TUPE rules and regulations.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career
- Experience Level Junior
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
2021 UK Jobs and Careers Full Time London Accountant - Assistant - Others Salary Offer: 5500 Currency: GBP Total Years Experience: 0-5 Perkin Elmer EW1V , EW1V City Name: London Postal Code: EW1V State: London Country: England