- Salary Offer 5500
- Currency GBP
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- City Name London
- Postal Code EW1V
- State London
- Country England
Demi Chef de Partie Jobs in London
We are offering some Demi Chef de Partie Jobs in London for the fresh graduates and teen school college university students jobs in UK.
Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials. Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items. Ensure the quality of the food items. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests’ service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Demi Chef de Partie Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years of related work experience is required. No supervisory experience is required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Demi Chef de Partie Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Demi Chef de Partie Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Demi Chef de Partie Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, QA).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Inform Chef of any excess food items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain food logs for all food products (e.g., production charts).
Sanitation and Maintenance
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
- Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate personnel.
- Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning.
- Flatten card board and dispose appropriately wherever on duty.
Kitchen Tools & Equipment
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particular food item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hot material; and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
- Demi Chef de Partie Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
Demi Chef de Partie Food Preparation
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Prepare special meals or substitute items, where possible, to satisfy guest requests.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator, according to freezer pull chart.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
- Serve food (for example, soup, desserts, sides, entrees) in proper portions onto dishes, plates, mugs, and bowls, ensuring proper plate appearance.
- Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items throughout the meal period.
Banquet/Buffet Demi Chef de Partie
- Breakdown work station and return and label back-up items according to proper food handling procedures.
- Provides information to co-workers, and manager by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person for anything relevant.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited, Regional Office and local policies and procedures.
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Experience Level Junior