- Salary Offer 5500
- Currency GBP
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- City Name London
- Postal Code EW1V
- State London
- Country England
Acquisitions Intern jobs in London
We are offering some Acquisitions Intern jobs in London for the fresh graduates and teen school college university students jobs in London.
- Currently studying at University and applying for a Placement year in your 2nd or final year or graduating in Summer 2022
- Looking for work experience immediately after completing A-Levels or equivalent course or an Apprenticeship
- Eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship from July 2022-July 2023
- Fluent in English
- We strongly advise that you do not apply to more than 1 Internship role to ensure that you are considered for the Internship that you are more interested in and your skills are aligned to
- Reading scripts, evaluating screeners & programmes and providing commercial & creative feedback on them
- Managing all script submissions and acting as a central intelligence hub for the team.
- Pitching new ideas for projects and emerging talents the Content Group should be working with
- Researching potential new titles, genres, talents, brand and IP
- Managing the logistics for film markets the team attends including including Cannes, Berlin, TIFF and AFM.
- Preparing internal pitch documents and forecast requests
- Preparing new deals for internal Board Approval
- Running P&Ls, comparables and drafting offer letters
- Shadowing acquirers on deals
- Updating various internal databases, trackers and performing other administrative duties
- Liaising across the different Departments in the Content Group both in the UK and internationally (i.e. legal, marketing, content strategy) and different business units (i.e. Focus Features)
- Checking artist / entertainment / reviews websites each day to learn about new talents, gigs and projects. The intern should have their finger on the pulse of what is happening across multiple forms of entertainment and any other current trends.
1. Knowledge of and passion for film/documentary
2. Strong written and oral communication skills
3. Experience reading scripts or commercially/creatively assessing content is a plus
4. Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
5. Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
What will I learn from this opportunity?
The Acquisitions Intern jobs in London will learn how to successfully evaluate content to be considered for Acquisitions by the studio on a global level. They will improve critical thinking, script reading and content evaluation skills, while gaining an understanding of the business side of film including pre-buying, running numbers and comps, drafting offers, negotiating deals etc. By the end, the intern will have a thorough understanding of the film distribution lifecycle, which will be applicable to both the studio and independent distribution sector.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- Experience Level Junior
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
2021 UK Jobs and Careers Full Time London Admin Jobs - Assistant Salary Offer: 5500 Currency: GBP Total Years Experience: 0-5 PerkinElmer EW1V , EW1V City Name: London Postal Code: EW1V State: London Country: England